One of the worst things that could happen when you’re taking a vacation in a foreign country would be losing your smartphone or damaging it so that it can’t be used.
The best thing to do would be to try and plan ahead. Here are several top tips for keeping your smartphone protected when you next travel, whether that’s in your home country or a faraway place.
Tips for keeping your phone protected while travelling
The following tips are as much about your personal safety and doing everything you can to protect yourself as they are about protecting your device and everything you have stored on your smartphone.
Also, some of these tips are much easier to do than others. The most important tips for protecting your smartphone when you next go on your travels are the following:
- Backup everything on your device onto a laptop or desktop computer before travelling or onto the cloud. At least if you do lose your phone or it gets damaged beyond repair, you still have your important apps, photos, messages, videos, and documents that were stored on your device before you went travelling
- Download and then activate all device-tracking applications
- Make sure you have some kind of insurance in case your smartphone gets lost/damaged
- Try and keep your device extra protected while away by investing in an affordable phone cover/drop-resistant case and perhaps even a smartphone lanyard or wrist strap. It might look a bit geeky, but you never know when it may come in handy, and this small investment could end up saving your device
- Enable/activate as many biometric security functions as possible to make sure your phone isn’t easy to get into if it is stolen
- Try not to keep your device in your back pocket or just lying around anywhere
Can I still play my favourite games when travelling?
That’s an interesting question. After you have learned How to Play Bingo Online at fully licensed sites like Unibet, you may have been wondering if you can continue playing your favourite game when you next travel. In short, the answer is generally no.
Let’s just say that you live in the United Kingdom and sign up to play bingo at Unibet. If you then travel anywhere in the world, like Greece, Australia, Brazil, India or South Africa, you would NOT be able to access your account to play bingo.
Either the website would block you from signing in to your account, or the local internet service provider would prevent you from even visiting the site. Not every country or region is as lax about online gambling as the United Kingdom. The Unibet platform should be used in the UK only to comply with legislation.
The best thing to do would be to forget about trying to log in to your preferred bingo, casino, poker, or sports betting site account until you come back from your travels. Enjoy your time away, and forget about playing your favourite games for a week or two. As soon as you get back from your travels, you should be able to log back into your account as if you never left.
What are the best smartphones in 2023?
There are many cutting-edge smartphones on the market today; some are much more affordable than others. If you’re looking for a top-of-the-range smartphone device, some of the most reliable are the following impressive handsets:
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Samsung Galaxy Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- OnePlus 9 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
A look at some of today’s most popular travel destinations
If you’re looking to get away from it all but haven’t got a clue where to go, you may want to consider visiting one of these popular travel destinations before going anywhere else.
In no particular order of importance, some of the best places to visit are Havana (Cuba), Cairo/the Pyramids (Egypt), Malta, Banff & Lake Louise, and Whistler (Canada), Croatia, and Antarctica.
Other popular bucket list destinations in 2023 are Scotland, Nevada (America), Ankara (Turkey), Venice (Italy), Auckland (New Zealand), and Vienna (Austria), as well as Tierra del Fuego National Park and Buenos Aires (Argentina), Tangier (Morocco), and Paris (France).
You also have the Yucatán Peninsula (Mexico), Kenya, Galilee (Israel), Mustang (Nepal), Sharjah (United Arab Emirates), and Queensland (Australia), to name just a few stunning places.